Thursday, November 3, 2011

THE SMURFS

The Family shot... Papa Smurf, Little Smurf 2, Little Smurf 1, & Smurfette.
Can you tell that it is Absolutely Freezing?

These costumes were pretty easy. The only thing I had to make were the hats. I got some white and red felt, and using a little Smurf figurine that the boys got at McDonalds, I figured out a pattern. The folded over part of the hats are filled with plastic grocery bags and held in place with a straight pin.

I already had the white sundress. I got the boys' and my blue shirts at Target. I ordered the boys' white sweatpants, Marc's shirt and sweatpants, and my blue tights online. Did you know it's nearly impossible to find White Sweatpants for toddlers. I finally found one website that stated their sizes would fit 2T and 4T sizes. Yeah right! When they arrived, they both were HUGE. On both pair, I had to take in the crotch and the leg width. And I cut probably 5" off the length of both.

Papa Smurf and Smurfette
Isn't my husband just the absolute best? In all the years we've been dressing up, he has never even balked at what I cooked up for him to wear (see 2008, 2009, and 2010 - '09 being the craziest yet).

The other thing I had to make, was my absolute favorite part of the costumes...
The Tails! I went to the thrift store and bought a children's royal blue t-shirt - cut out a few circles and stuffed with batting. Aren't they Cute?

Smurfette
I guess Smurfette had some kind of skin disorder, or maybe her legs had gotten tanned. LOL!
I found the white flats at Walmart on clearance for $2. I think I might Modge Podge them now with some fabric.

2 comments:

Brandee Shafer said...

Oh my word. Y'all are precious! Those tails: GAH!

Jenny @ An Apple for the Crafter said...

You are too cute!!! Great job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails